Friday, February 1, 2013

Pizza Friday! BBQ French Bread Pizza

My knee has been bothering me lately so I decided to take today as a rest day since tomorrow is another endurance workout like last Saturdays workout.

But a rest day doesn't mean a boring day. Why? Because it's PIZZA FRIDAY!!!!

This week I decided to make BBQ Chicken French Bread pizza. And when I mentioned BBQ and Chicken, Marty's face looked like this: 

I also made Red and Green french bread pizza. Since no one wants to read a blog that's super long here is what the red and green pizza looks like but I won't go into details:


Red and Green pizza is a layer of pesto, topped with marinara then add cheese and desired veggies.


BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza

All right, to make BBQ chicken french bread pizza you will need:
Bread, mozzarella cheese, BBQ sauce, red onion, red bell pepper and cooked chicken

Cut french bread in half and preheat oven to 375 degrees

Spread BBQ sauce on bread

Add cheese, chicken, bell pepper, and red onion.


Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. This pizza turns out pretty crunchy, so if you are looking for a softer texture I would suggest purchasing a softer loaf of french bread. One of the dollar fresh bakery loaves would be great. I used a whole wheat artisan loaf from Trader Joe's. It was good but made for very crunchy pizza. 

Here's how the pizza looked when it came out of the oven. I made a quarter of the loaf for myself.

I would suggest cutting into small quarters to make it easier to eat. Like my elk and moose plate? #soawesome!

Overall, I think the pizza was pretty delicious. I think I will make this pizza again but try it on regular pizza dough. I am thinking of making it vegetarian by substituting butternut squash for chicken. It might  be pretty delicious. So many pizza ideas...so many Fridays :)

I used this BBQ sauce because it was on sale. It was great but it could have been a little spicier. 



There may have been a strawberry banana chocolate whip cream concoction for dessert...yummm.




How many rest days do you take a week?



Do you think BBQ sauce belongs on pizza? 

No comments:

Post a Comment