Monday, February 25, 2013

Vegan Pesto, Sweet Potato Pizza and NEW RUNNING SHOES!!!!

All right folks, it's been a busy few days for me since this week is my finals week. I start new classes next week and then I WILL BE DONE WITH MY MASTERS DEGREE!!!!


FRIDAY!


On Friday, I had some folks over for an awesome craft project that I will reveal later. For dinner I decided to try a vegan pesto recipe that was calling my name. Here's how it turned out:



This recipe was delicious. A new to me ingredient? Nutritional yeast, apparently it adds a creamy, cheesy taste to things. You can find the recipe for this Roasted Tomato Basil Pesto from OhSheGlows.com. I will definitely be trying more recipes from this blog. Delicious. My two friends who tasted it also though it was delicious. 

SATURDAY

Our Saturday started off with a pancake breakfast.


I tried to make vegan pancakes but ruined the effect by cooking them in butter...whoops. I will share a recipe when I find one that is delicious. These had good volume but were kind of gummy. Marty liked them :) I made blueberry and dark chocolate pancakes. Instead of syrup on mine, I had a banana. Yum. 

I got my tax refund and felt like I had money to burn so I bought new running shoes!



Since I've been running, I've always run in Brooks but a Tortoise and Hare Sports staff member encouraged me to try something new. I tried these Saucony's and felt like I was running clouds. I haven't been cleared to run from my doctor yet but it made me feel a little less antsy. Something else new? I picked up a wide size. I have wide feet and have always worked through the tightness of a running shoe for the first 50 miles or so. I'm really interested to see how a wide shoe feels. I will write a full review later. 

I also treated myself to some awesome socks.



On Saturday night, I made pizza (missed it on Friday). I tried something different this time around. I decided to add mashed sweet potato to the crust before adding the sauce. 


I had precooked a sweet potato and I thought this would be a great way to use it. The pizza turned out pretty delicious. On the side I made roasted carrots and green beans in balsamic vinegar. 



Add salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and roast at 425 for about 20 minutes.














Enjoy! Nom, nom nom!











Questions of the Day:

How was your weekend? 

Are you in love with a certain brand of running shoes?

What's your favorite breakfast food?



No comments:

Post a Comment