Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The truth about tofu and granola hoarding


The Truth?



IT'S DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Seriously folks, you need to try this stuff.


So I understand that tofu has a bad rap and maybe a weird texture, but recently I decided to tackle the unthinkable...cooking tofu at home. I have enjoyed tofu in restaurants but the thought of trying to make it at home? A little intimidating.

I purchased some firm tofu from Trader Joe's and cooked up this little number, I call it tofu stir fry...super original. 

First, I cooked broccoli slaw and broccoli in a sauté pan and then set it aside.


Second, I grated ginger and garlic and added it to the skillet with a teaspoon of oil and 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce. After mixing these ingredients, I added 3 ounces of pressed tofu. I pressed some of the water out of it to improve the texture. 

The tofu soaked up the flavored soy sauce and got a little crispy, giving it a really pleasant texture.

Third, I added the steamed vegetables and this sauce:




The finished product looked like this:


If this doesn't look delicious to you, let me tell you it was. The great part? This filling, delicious dinner was under 350 calories.

People, I'm serious, try some tofu.


In other news...

I have developed a problem...granola hoarding


Last week before I went to Oregon, I purchased a variety pack of Love Grown Granola on Amazon.com. I have been busy tracking the package Monday and today. IT CAME!


I was a little excited and had a photo shoot featuring the granola in my office...clearly I have no issues asking people to take my picture. 


Today I tried the Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola...it was delicious. I ate it with almond milk and a banana. 



Friends, this stuff is delicious. It's gluten free and low in sugar. 

This was the perfect snack after spending 60 minutes on the elliptical tackling a hill workout.


Questions of the Day:

What do you eat for a post workout snack?

Do you like tofu?

Ever made tofu at home?


No comments:

Post a Comment