Saturday, January 26, 2013

100 Push-ups, Affirmations and Last Chance Work Out

Today was the Endurance work-out C from Tina's Best Body Bootcamp. After my pep talk this morning, I was feeling ready to tackle this 100 reps endurance workout. I also decided to wear my heart rate monitor to get a feel for how hard I was working.

As I was waiting for my friend Katie to arrive at the gym, I decided to jog a little to test out my knee and warm up. I was able to run 3/4 of a mile with minimal pain so I think my IT band issues are improving. I am feeling pretty optimistic and think the strength training and stretching I have been doing is helping out.

Katie and I are considering running the Kiss me I'm Irish 4k race on March 9th. I think I should be able to run 2.5 miles by then.


Source


The Workout

My weigh-ins are on Sunday and so, inspired by the Biggest Loser, I decided Saturday work-outs were going to be "Last Chance" workouts. I love the message of giving it all you got. I'm trying not be so scale focused but I found the "Last Chance" workouts on the BL to be pretty inspiring so I wanted to give it a chance. Before we started I decided to write down some affirmations to motivate me through the reps. Here were mine. *please excuse the curse words






This workout was organized in supersets and took us almost an hour to finish. I made Katie take some embarrassing pictures of me after we were done.




Awesome...one more.


Please excuse my form, my legs were jello from the workout.

I bought that awesome stripy top last night as my reward for finishing three weeks of boot camp. I'm pretty proud of myself and loving all the strength training. I was able to do 20 regular push-ups and did the remaining 80 assisted on my knees.

After our workout Katie and I were ecstatic! Can't you tell?




We went to lunch at Chipotle and I decided we need to get ice cream from McDonalds as our treat. Katie passed but I love their vanilla cones, and at only 5 Points Plus it's a sweet that doesn't do too much damage.




I know, I look so awesome without makeup.

It's been raining here in Phoenix the past couple of days and you can tell the city wasn't really built for the rain.

The water was pretty deep.

Who says you don't need rain boots in Phoenix? You can use them at least 3-4 days out of the year.


I spent the rest of my evening in my Pro Compression socks working on homework.



What's your perfect Saturday?


Do you love strength training? 



4 comments:

  1. I love your affirmations!! They are the way all us women need to think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It really helped me get through this workout

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you find as benefits to you from the compression socks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana,
      Compression socks are supposed to aid in recovery from a hard work out or run by increasing blood flow. Here is a little blur from ProCompression where I purchased my socks: http://www.procompression.com/why-pro-compression-socks. I purchased them for running but thought I would try them after this work out. Overall, I have very limited muscle soreness.

      Bailey

      Delete