Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Under the Knife, Return to the Gym and Cookies

Under the Knife

Forgive me, I know, I'm kind of dramatic...but I'm getting my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow and I'm freaking out. 

This is how a typical conversation has gone when I describe my fear of getting my wisdom teeth extracted with others:

Me: "Oh my gosh, I'm so scared"

Other People: "It will be find but... (insert horrific story of wisdom tooth extraction here)"

I fear the dentist...I blame Steve Martin. PS, if you haven't watched Little Shop of Horrors do it...now.


I'm hoping that everything will go fine and I'm sure it will, if not I know Ryan Gosling has got my back. 


While I was listening to people's wisdom teeth horror stories, I enjoyed this delicious salad and a banana.


Today I Returned to the Gym!!!!

It's been a whole week since I've worked out. I got back into action by doing a 45 minute hill interval workout on the elliptical. 

I also did some awesome inverted rows. These are super hard!!!! At least for me. 




PS it's totally okay to ask people to take pictures of you while working out right?

Cookies

I celebrated my return to the gym with cookies. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies tonight after dinner. 



I used this recipe because it sounded simple, delicious and I like my oatmeal cookies to have lots of oatmeal. I decided not to make a vegan recipe simply because I had some ingredients I really wanted to use up. I couldn't bring myself to throw away butter. 



I made three changes to this recipe. 1. I added less sugar. I don't think anyone needs 1.5 cups of sugar plus chocolate. 2. I used old fashioned oats rather than quick oats. This will give it a different texture and more delicious oatmeal chew. 3. I used bar chocolate that I cut into chunks vs chocolate chips. I just like chocolate chunks better and I think the chocolate tastes better. 




We enjoyed these delicious cookies with almond milk. Like my Colorado plate? I have a matching cup...it's awesome. 

Questions of the Day:

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?


What's your favorite cookie?

I love snicker doodle cookies. Marty is in love with Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment