Monday, March 4, 2013

Strep Throat, Applesauce and Weight-loss Envy

I woke up this morning feeling terrible. I went into work briefly to do payroll and then straight to the doctor. Turns out I have Strep Throat.

Something you should know about me...I am the worst sick person ever. I am a whiner, I feel sorry for myself and overall just am miserable. Since strep is contagious I can't even whine and make Marty take care of me.

Here's a picture of me feeling sorry for myself:



So if you've ever had strep throat you know your throat gets super swollen. Stupid tonsils. Features of my sick meal plan:




I love applesauce and honestly it was pretty much the only thing I could swallow earlier.

Don't have soup? Not a problem. Oatmeal is an excellent supplement. I made some oatmeal Grandma Mary style, which meals classic oatmeal: brown sugar and enough milk (almond milk) to make it kind of like delicious oatmeal soup. Made me feel better and miss my grandma.


Everybody buys their oatmeal in bulk right?


I will be re-joining the world tomorrow and starting my last session in grad school! Can't wait.


Weight Loss Envy

So this is the first season of the Biggest Loser that I have watched and I can't help but have a variety of feelings when I watch the show. In the beginning, I related to the contestants, I remembered being obese, I remembered struggling to begin my weight loss journey.

When I watch now, I am filled with this weird feeling of envy. I wish I could lose weight like the contestants. 10 pounds in one week? Seriously? I haven't talked about it a lot on the blog but I am really struggling with my weight loss plateau. I think my plateau is caused by a couple of things, mainly eating more than I should. Instead of focusing on my plateau I have worked on building muscle and concentrating on my eating. Small goals like the Peach Pants Challenge.

So when I start to feel that weight loss envy, I just need to remember not to compare my success to another persons success.



So I may not be a biggest loser, but a plateau will not define my success. If anything this plateau is a great example that I can maintain my weight and some day when I am in maintenance I know I can make it work.  


Questions of the Day:

Have you ever had Strep throat?

What do you eat when you're sick?

Ever experienced a weight-loss envy?








4 comments:

  1. Dear Bailey,

    I usually get so sick I can't eat, but if I can I have applesauce or soup! I think we have class together this week if that makes you feel better!

    <3 Kenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenny. Are you taking leadership? See you in class tonight :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Bailey,

    I love reading your blog. I want to try that roasted tomato pesto recipe some time.

    With those Biggest Loser contestants you have to remember that they're losing that weight way too fast. They'll also gain a lot back when they don't have personal trainers yelling at them.

    I hope you are feeling better.

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you're right but it's so frustrating. How is your life friend?

      Delete