Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Be More Awesome Wednesday: Dragon Boat Racing!


Please check out the awesome guest post from my friend Heidi! Heidi lives in Oregon, works in sales and is a Dragon Boat Racer. Check out her "Be More Awesome" story below!

Source

Be More Awesome Wednesday: Heidi and Dragon Boat Racing

How does Dragon Boat Racing make me more awesome?
 

 
Dragon boating is one of many things that I have found that lets me be myself. I am in outside sales, and though most people don’t want to let their work define them…I have no choice, right? I am constantly in front of businesses and other people, selling…selling….selling. I love it, but I need a release too. Dragon Boating is that thing.
I’m pretty much spending time on a boat with 20 of my closest friends. We are a very large and very dysfunctional family and I love it. That’s awesome.
 

 
We can trust each other, we can get insanely drunk with one another and know that there will always be someone there to take our drunk butts home.
Work-Out wise, dragon boating has kind of been my gateway sport. Through Dragon Boating I have been introduced to TRX and Crossfit all in an effort to make me a better paddler. That’s pretty awesome.
 

My fourth dragon boat season started this last week. I currently workout (starting Crossfit this week, and workout at a TRX studio most days) anywhere between 3-5 days/week in addition to practice. I am in the best shape of my life and getting better every day.
 

 
Dragon boating makes me awesome, and this is still just the beginning!!
 

Doing something to be more awesome? Sharing is caring! Email me at bailey dot borman @gmail.com or tweet me @BaileyBorman to share your awesome story!

 

Questions of the Day:

Ever try team racing?

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment