Friday, March 8, 2013

Still Sick, Tomato Soup and Pizza Friday

Still Sick

I will be posting the week 2 Peach Pants Challenge probably on Saturday or Sunday. I have been sick all week and am pretty sure I don't want to take more pictures of me looking like Frankenstein.

On Wednesday after class, my eye started to hurt and weep a little. 6 hours later my face was swollen and I called the my number one source of information, my Aunt Beth at 3am, panicking because I thought I should go to the ER.

I went to the doctor on Thursday and found out I had conjunctivitis. The doctor explained that I had Strep throat and a cold. The cold had made it's sweet way to my eye and infected it. AWESOME. I know this is way more information then you ever wanted to know about me. Unfortunately, my face looks like this:


I should model for WebMD or something. 

Tomato Soup

So in my week of being sick, I discovered a really important and frustrating thing: finding canned soup without a ton of preservatives and no animal products is pretty hard. I finally broke down and purchased a can of soup for $2.99!!!! OMG so much money. It was the one of Campbell's fresh kitchen soups. 


 There were still preservatives that I couldn't pronounce but hey, it was canned soup. I added basil and ate a pear on the side.

Pizza Friday!

This Friday I made potato, butternut squash pizza with red sauce. 


First: I cubed the butternut squash and yukon gold potatoes. I added salt and pepper and olive oil to the butternut squash and then added pesto to the potatoes. I roasted these at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, I removed the squash and cooked the potatoes for another 10 minutes.




Second: I added all cooked toppings to pizza, baked in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and served. I added fresh basil at the end and served with mixed greens on the side.




I'm being honest here, still not missing the cheese. 

We decided to go to Yogurtini for dessert. I got their vegan raspberry and pomegranate sorbet and topped it with pineapple.





Questions of the day:

What is your favorite frozen yogurt topping?

I love raspberries. I usually cover my yogurt with them.

Ever have two colds at once?

What do you eat when you're sick?


No comments:

Post a Comment