Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Be More Awesome Wednesday: Wisdom Teeth

Today I got my wisdom teeth extracted.


Okay, so I'm not actually wise. But in light of the fact that today is BE MORE AWESOME WEDNESDAY!!!! I thought I would talk a little bit about why getting my wisdom teeth out is a really big accomplishment for me. 

So here's a secret fact I've shared with you. I am really scared of the dentist. I used this fear to avoid the dentist for 6 six years, one of which I had dental insurance. Because I didn't go to the dentist I had small  cavities that became big problems. 

When I decided to get healthy in 2010 my teeth were included. When I went to the dentist finally in 2011, I was devastated. Just like my weight, my mouth was really unhealthy. I learned that I need four root canals. I was only 24!!!! I worked a year and a half, and approximately $7,000 dollars later, I got all my cavities filled and four root canals done. 

When I went to the dentist a month ago to get my teeth cleaned and I only heard compliments on my gums and dental health BUT they asked why I still had my wisdom teeth, the only evidence of decay in my mouth. 

I realized my wisdom teeth were a symbol of my fear and a barrier to really committing myself to the healthy lifestyle I'm working on. I made the appointment. 

SO this week I worked on BEING MORE AWESOME by recommitting to my healthy lifestyle by facing my fear of the dentist.

I know you're all dying to know how it went...



It went really well! My face is hardly swollen and I let myself eat a frosty from Wendy's. I wanted to show you a picture of the actual teeth but Marty said that was over sharing. 

My new best friends? Jello, Applesauce and Pudding.



Also, I discovered that refried beans are an awesome soft food to eat when you need a little protein and not just sweet stuff. 


So...how did you work on BEING MORE AWESOME this week?

Remember sharing is caring :) email me your efforts at bailey dot borman@ gmail dot come or tweet me @BaileyBorman!


Question of the Day:

Do you still have your wisdom teeth?


No comments:

Post a Comment