Monday, March 11, 2013

The Curl is Back and Avocado Pasta

Ever feel like you have a feature that's just "you"?

I decided today, it's my curly bangs. Several weeks ago I cut my hair really short, trying to make it more straight. It was fun and I enjoyed it but I felt like there was something missing. It was the curl.


My hair is just starting to get long enough that it's starting to curl again. Can't help it, my curls plus a brooch, just felt more like myself today.

Avocado Pasta

Tonight I tried a new recipe from Oh She Glows. I tried 15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta. This recipe is pretty simple. You need: avocado, lemon, garlic, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper and garlic. Boom!


The recipe tells you to blend the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil before adding the other ingredients. Since there wasn't a large volume of things in my food processor it was hard to blend these together into a smooth consistency before adding the remaining ingredients. 



After blending the garlic, lemon and olive oil, I added the remaining ingredients and pulsed until it was smooth and well combined.


This sauce was creamy and delicious but it was really spicy. I think my garlic was very strong. I only used two cloves but it was so spicy I knew Marty wouldn't like. He tried it which was awesome, but it just was too strong tasting for him. I liked it, but the strong raw garlic flavor eventually got to me. I think I might try this again but make it with roasted garlic to deepen the flavor and make it more mild. 

Instead of serving this on just pasta I roasted vegetables (surprising, I know). I roasted sugar snap peas, sweet potato and carrots at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes. 



In the end, I added the sauce, roasted veggies and pasta in a bowl and topped it with a little lemon zest and fresh cracked pepper. 



Marty insisted we have dessert so I came up with this concoction: fresh strawberries, half a banana and melted dark chocolate. I also sprinkled a little Love Grown chocolate granola on top. This was seriously good.



Here are two videos that I guarantee will make your life better:



Watch until the end! (caution curse word involved)



DANCE ON PEOPLE!!!!


Questions of the Day:

Do you like to dance?

Ever tried avocado in pasta?

Do you have one feature that makes you feel "yourself"?

No comments:

Post a Comment