Monday, January 28, 2013

Good Books, Good Friends and Gelato

Book Club

In December over cookies, some friends decided to start a book club. Yesterday, was our first meeting. 




Since the Phoenix-Metro area is large, we decided to meet downtown at the Pita Jungle. Downtown Phoenix restaurants are fun and happen to be right in the middle of the metro area. The food was also delicious:

Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus with chicken 


Chicken Chipotle Lavosh Pizza


Katie and I shared these two dishes and found that it was plenty of food between the two of us. I decided to make cute party favors for this meeting and set up the table before the others arrived.


Even if your living space is too small to entertain, I think you can add something special to a party at a restaurant. You can learn how to make these bookmarks in my craft tutorial.


This month we discussed "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot.




The book was beautifully written and gave the club the opportunity to discuss race, class and medical ethics. Sounds pretty heavy but it was super fun! Next month we will be reading a love story in honor of Valentine's Day. 


After our meeting Katie and I decided we needed gelato in our lives and went to The Gelato Spot.

After numerous samples we both decided on the panna cota flavor. It tasted very creamy, with a milky carmel taste. Kind of a mild version of Flan.



YUM! I really love that I'm standing in front of the bathroom...I pose for the best pictures


Have you ever been in a book club?

This is my first and I love it so far


What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? Ice cream or Gelato?

Gelato all the way for me. So far my favorite flavors are panna cota and I love their lemon flavor. Super tart



No comments:

Post a Comment