Friday, January 25, 2013

Official End of the Holidays and Pizza Friday

This Morning:


Well it's official, the holidays are over. This was marked by the completion of my favorite holiday treat this morning, Trader Joe's Cranberry Apple Butter.


It's so sad, I'm not going to lie to you, I looked on Amazon to see how much it would cost to purchase this stuff out of season. Unfortunately $12.00/ bottle is a little out of my price range. I love this apple butter on top of plain greek yogurt. Simple, low sugar way to sweeten plain yogurt.



RIP Cranberry Apple Butter...I will see you in October. Marty was kind enough to remind me that it's "only ten more months"...thanks Marty.


Every Friday we have PIZZA! So happy Pizza Friday!

I decided to make my personal favorite, pineapple cheese pizza. Here's how you make it happen:



First, start with pizza dough. I buy Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough. It's only $1.29 and honestly, less expensive to buy than it is to make. I buy a couple and freeze them. Flour your dough and rolling pin and roll dough into the shape of your pan. This Friday Marty elected for square pizza.



Transfer your dough to your pan and then roll your crust. You can do this like a pie crust or just fold it over while pinching.



Spread the sauce evenly over the dough. We like lots of sauce in this place.


This sauce is awesome, flavorful and has large chunks of vegetables. YUM!!!


Go ahead and throw on your remaining toppings. I used 1.5 cups of cheese. A mixture of low-fat mozzarella and parmesan cheese and one cup of pineapple. Bake in a preheated oven set at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. This will produce a crispy bottom. If you like your pizza softer, check on it around 20 minutes.


Ours ended up like this. Delicious! 



This is what my portion looked like. I added this up to be 8 Points Plus. I love pineapple on pizza, not really sure why :). Salty cheese and sweet pineapple. YUM! Generally I avoid meat toppings like pepperoni because they are high in fat and points. But that's the great thing about making your own pizza, you know what's going into it and can have a lot of control over the toppings.


What's your favorite pizza topping? 


Anything you have a hard time living without after the holidays are over?

No comments:

Post a Comment