Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Abs and Roasted Tomato Sweet Potato Ravioli

Today has been pretty relaxed, trying to get homework completed and not procrastinate too much. Tonight Marty and I decided to hit up the Y and try to play some basketball. Unfortunately, the volleyball girls had the courts covered.

My cardio workout today was a 45 minute interval workout on the elliptical and the Core workout through Tina's Best Body Bootcamp. I'm not much of a core workout fan but have decided these   Teaser combinations are the devil.


Tonight ravioli is on the menu. I made roasted tomato and sweet potato ravioli. Here's how you make the magic happen:

Take one large sweet potato, peel it, and chop into small cubes. Add cherry tomatoes. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Put in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. I roasted my veggies at 400 degrees.

They should look like this.

I used Trader Joes delicious ravioli and prepared it with some sugar snap peas. In a large bowl I combined the cooked ravioli and roasted vegetables with two generous tablespoons of pesto and some parmesan cheese.

This is a "Marty sized portion" :). Overall turned into a pretty delicious dinner with lots of veggies. For my portion, I loaded up on the veggies and only ate 4 ravioli's. Makes it a little easier on the Weight Watchers points plus.


What did you have for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment