Sunday, February 17, 2013

Things I love about Oregon

On the flight home, I kept thinking about all the things I love about Oregon and really wanted to share them with you. Promise this will be my last post about my Oregon trip :)

One: Every other car is a Subaru Outback...and sometimes a Forester


Seriously, the Subaru is clearly the Northwest's favorite car. I'm sure there is some kind of research on it. Source

Two: They have awesome parks


Want to go hiking in the woods in the morning? Oregon's got your back...but beware, it can be cold.


Have kids? Oregon builds awesome tree houses and look-outs for 20 somethings to pose for pictures children.

Three: Healthy food options


I'm not vegan like Alex but it you are vegan or have a lot of food allergies, Oregon is your place to dine out. Between restaurants and health food stores you will be able to eat delicious and healthy food.


This Almond milk from Califia Farms blew my mind. I will do everything in my power to make AZ stores carry it.

Four: This place


I don't know how you feel about your undergrad institution, but being back on campus made me appreciate how much I've grown since I graduated and how wonderful my undergrad experience was. Source

Five: Best breakfast and brown rice in the world...okay at least in Oregon


Okay, Breadboard is amazing. Eggs benedict was my go to meal in college but I went a little out of my comfort zone and tried french toast on their amazing multigrain bread with apple cinnamon syrup. AMAZING!



Okay, it doesn't matter what you put on it, this brown rice is awesome! This brown rice helped me transition from the delicious white rice variety. If you're in Ashland go to Mihama's, it will change your rice eating destiny.

Six: Pears the size of your head...and baby pears



Want a pear bigger than your face? Go to Harry and David. It will be delicious, huge and amazing! Great part? You don't need to go to Oregon to get one of these babies. You can order them online. Success.

Seven: This Lady


No matter how many years we spend apart, this lady will always be my best friend. Through good times and bad, crazy ideas, and new dreams, Alex has always been there for me. 


Questions of the day:

What's your favorite place?


Ever try almond milk?

I like Almond milk but Califia Farms almond milk is something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment